Aperçu des sections
The BCH is currently undergoing a significant overhaul – migration to a new platform that has been enhanced with many new capabilities. However, The New BCH will not be fully operational until the testing of the new platform is completed and the migration of all records is finalized.
The BCH 3 Project has the pleasure to announce the release of a new series of training videos to build capacity on using the new platform and assist parties in complying with their obligations under the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety and subsequent relevant COP-MOP decisions.
The videos were designed to be concise (total duration 45 min) and were split into modules to watch your interest topics easily.
You can download the Full set of the New BCH Platform videos by clicking here . Kindly note that you will need to uncompress the dowloaded file.
The Brief Introduction video covers the following topics:
- Roles and functions of the BCH
- BCH importance and benefits;
- The various categories of information available in the BCH.
- The BCH and the Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress
- Brief overview of the transition from the old to new BCH Central Portal and the imperative for the changes
Videos covering the process for publishing information on the new BCH Platform includes:
IntroductionModule 1Module 2Module 3
- Introduction : Introduction to publishing information on the new platform
- Module 1: Covers the following topics: a) Why do we publish information on the BCH?; b) The different roles of BCH users, and c) The categories of information records on the BCH
- Module 2: Provides a guidance on how to register as a General user on the BCH
- Module 3: Shows how to use the BCH management center and dashboard to register and edit information on the BCH and highlights the new improvements to the management center.
Videos covering the process for surfing and finding information on the new BCH Platform includes:
IntroductionModule 1Module 2Module 3Module 4
- Introduction : Introduction to surfing and finding information on the new platform
- Module 1: Covers the new BCH platform main features that can be found on all of the BCH web pages
- Module 2: Highlights the features that can be found on the homepage and the first two sections listed in the horizontal navigation bar of the BCH named ‘About’ and ‘Protocol.’
- Module 3: Demonstrates how to get information through the ‘Search’ section and familiarize with the common features of the search functions using a case study
- Module 4: Provides an overview on the features that can be found on the ‘Country Profile’ section in the horizontal navigation bar of the BCH
Please note that the new BCH website https://bch.cbddev.xyz/en/ is currently work in progress. The platform is still being tested and undergoing significant changes and adjustments.
Consequently, some of the website display features might have changed since the videos were produced.
As such, these videos are designed as training material to bridge the gap between the current and the old BCH platform. They are meant to be transitional material to guide users and should not be considered as final.