UNE-GEF BCH Education Materials
The content of this publication may be reproduced in whole or in part and in any form for educational or non-profit purposes without special permission from the copyright holder, provided acknowledgment of the source is made. UNE would appreciate receiving a copy of any publication that uses this publication as a source. No use of this publication may be made for resale or any other commercial purpose whatsoever without prior permission in writing from UNE. The use of information from this website concerning proprietary products for publicity or advertising is not permitted.
The content and views expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the contributory organizations or the United Nations Environment Program (UNE) and neither do they imply any endorsement. The designations employed and the presentation of material on this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UNE concerning the legal status of any country, territory or city or its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers and boundaries. Mention of a commercial company or product in this publication does not imply the endorsement of UNP.
Click here to download the CD-ROM image with the BCH training kit.
- You will need to uncompress the file and to write the ISO image to a CD-ROM. For instructions on how to do this, consult the manual provided with your CD-ROM writing software.
- ISO images are not saved to CD-ROMs in the same way as regular data files
Provides guidance to instructors using the BCH Training Modules to train a variety of different stakeholders.
There are several interactive case studies designed to assist users in applying the concepts covered in the various training modules.
- Case 1 Mexican trader importing cotton seed
- Case 2 Regulator researches LMO-FFPs
- Case 3 Registering data on CP Users Management
- Case 4 Registering data on CP contacts and CNA
- Case 5 Registering data on CP LMOs and decisions on LMOs
- Case 6 Registering data on CP Risk Assessment and Laws
- Case 7 Custom officer seeks information on importing LMOs
- Case 8 Scientist looks for info on commercially available GM cotton
- Case 9 Scientist seeks information on importing LMOs
- Case 10 Information CNA must provide to BCH about a decision
- Case 11 Medical researcher seeks info on AIA
- Case 12 A company representative seeks information on procedures for exporting LMOs.
- Case 13 National Development Agency seeks information on supporting Capacity building programs.
- Case 14 Person seeks information on how to submit record to BCH
- Case 15 Person looks for info about a GM food product
- Case 16 Organization registers a contact person
- Case 17 Organization registers biosafety newsletter
- Case 18 Academic institution register biosafety course and workshop
- Case 19 Journalist researches story about possible illegal transboundary movement
- Case 20 Country has just become a Party to the Cartagena Protocol
- Case 21 Regulator in Japan imports potatoes from ROK
- Case 22 Ghana risk assessment IR papaya
- Case 23 NFP registers biosafety expert
- Case 24 Inspector discovers illegal LMO
- Case 25 A Competent National Authority registers a risk assessment and decision to import herbicide tolerant cotton
- Case 26 NFP registers laws
- Case 27 Central Portal Information Route
- Case 28 Principal Custom officer looks for relevant CPB articles, COP-MOP decisions and capacity building opportunities
- Case 29 Customs officer looks for laboratories for detection and identification of LMOs
- Case 30 Customs or border control officer looks for unapproved soybean events
- Case 31 Phytosanitary officer looks for maize stacked events
There are several reference handouts available that provide quick overviews of frequently used parts of the BCH and may be used as desk references after training is complete
The available quiz questions provide quick interaction with participants and an easy way to gauge understanding of different uses of the BCH and may be used throughout the training.
"Scavenger Hunt" is a game-like questionaire that improves learning dynamics.